Besides the triennial report of the outgoing Provincial Minister, Br Tony Marti, the brothers also heard a report from Br David Beaumont on the Province’s mission in northern Mexico and one from Jesus Vela on the efforts of the Vocation Office. The newly-elected Provincial Council consists of (left to right in photo above): Jesus Vela (Vicar), Peter Banks, Matthew Elshoff (Provincial Minister), Robert Barbato and Michael Mahoney.
Five resolutions were passed with large majorities at the Chapter:
- to ratify the Guiding Principles;
- to ratify the Action Steps;
- to consent to the establishment of a new friary in northern Mexico;
- to use the help of outside expertise to improve the results of the Vocation Office;
- to authorize the creation of a Strategic Planning committee, composed of both friars and lay people, to help the Province focus on its mission and to determine the resources needed to accomplish that mission.