22 March 2015

Japanese Bishops on "ad limina"

Today I represented the Order at a reception held in Rome by the Japanese Episcopal Conference for all the religious congregations working in Japan. It was a good occasion to talk to Bishop Berard Oshikawa, OFM Conv., of the Diocese of Naha, where the curia of our custody is located. Bishop Oshikawa was the successor of our own Bishop Peter Baptist Ishigami, OFMCap., who passed away last year just shy of his 94th birthday. In the accompanying photograph, I am standing with Bishop Oshikawa. I'm not sure what caused me to be blurry - the camera or the wine.

I also had a good conversation with Bishop Dominic Miyahara of the Diocese of Fukuoka, where we have a small presence. The Bishop expressed his fervent wish that we send more brothers to work in his diocese.

Both bishops expressed their gratitude for the presence of our brothers, and had high praise for their work. 

No comments: